WritePad SDK for Xamarin Studio (iOS and Android)
WritePad is a natural, style, writer and lexicon independent multiplatform handwriting recognition technology. WritePad SDK enables natural handwriting input in third party applications on practically any Microsoft Windows based desktop or tablet computer and Windows Phone 8. It is currently available in 11 languages, including English (US, UK, US Medical), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Spanish, and Swedish.
WritePad SDK for Xamarin significantly simplifies development of handwriting recognition-enabled cross-platform applications for iOS, Android, Windows and Windows Phone and allows to share business logic C# code between multiple platforms.
WritePad SDK includes
- WritePad handwriting recognition libraries for Android and iOS and dictionaries for English, French, German, Dutch, Danish, Italian, Portuguese, Norwegian, Finish, Swedish, and Spanish languages. Engine is compatible with the user-specified platform.
- C/C++ header files with definition of API calls and structures (for reference only).
- Android and iOS samples code in C# .
- Developer's Guide.
Note: This edition of the WritePad SDK does not include WritePad DLLs for Windows and Windows Phone. If you would like to develop for Android, iOS, and Windows, please also download WritePad SDK for Windows and Windows Phone.
- Microsoft Windows 7 or later, or MAC OS 10.8 or later
- Xamarin Studio Indie, Business, or Enterprise edition.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 or later if developing on Windows
WritePad SDK Features
- Recognizes natural handwritten text in a variety of handwriting styles: cursive (script), PRINT and MIXed.
- Recognizes dictionary words from its main or user-defined dictionary, as well as non-dictionary words, such as names, numbers and mixed alphanumeric combinations supporting 11 languages, including English (US, UK, US Medical), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Spanish, and Swedish.
- Provides automatic segmentation of handwritten text into words and automatically differentiates between vocabulary and non-vocabulary words, and between words and arbitrary alphanumeric strings.
- Does not require a user to train the software and allows for most users to achieve high accuracy right "out of the box".
- Reliably recognizes handwriting and provides spell checking and word completion features.
Licensing and Support
WritePad SDK is available for licensing by software developers and OEMs on iOS, Android, Windows, and Windows Phone platforms.
Developer License for WritePad SDK is offered for development purposes only. The license includes access to the latest SDK updates for period of 6 months. Licensee may install up to five copies of WritePad handwriting recognition engine for demo and development purposes only. This license does not include redistribution rights to WritePad handwriting recognition engine and/or any of its components.
Commercial License for WritePad SDK allows licensee to redistribute WritePad engine and dictionaries with their applications or devices. The license is royalty-based. The pricing is available upon request.
Support: You may purchase 3 hours to engineering support via email or phone with the WritePad SDK Developer License. Additional support time can be purchased Separately at the then-current support rate. If you purchased WritePad SDK Commercial License, please refer to your license agreement for technical support options.
For more information about WritePad SDK, pricing, licensing options, etc. please submit the Developer Information Request Form.