WritePad SDK 4.2 for Microsoft Windows and Windows Phone
WritePad is a natural, style, writer and lexicon independent multiplatform handwriting recognition technology. WritePad SDK enables natural handwriting input in third party applications on practically any Microsoft Windows based desktop or tablet computer and Windows Phone 8. It is currently available in 11 languages, including English (US, UK, US Medical), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Spanish, and Swedish.
WritePad SDK includes
- WritePad recognition engine in object code and dictionaries for English, French, German, Dutch, Danish, Italian, Portuguese, Norwegian, Finish, Swedish, and Spanish languages. Engine is compatible with the user-specified platform.
- C/C++ header files with definition of API calls and structures.
- Sample C#/XAML metro-style universal application for Windows 8.1 Metro and Windows Phone 8.1 with source code.
- Sample Windows Desktop C# WPF application (.NET framework).
- Sample Windows Desktop C# WinForms application.
- Developer's Guide.
- Microsoft Windows 7/8/8.1/RT powered Tablet or Windows Phone 8
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 or later
- Tablet PC or any compatible touch input device is recommended for better results
WritePad SDK Features
- Recognizes natural handwritten text in a variety of handwriting styles: cursive (script), PRINT and MIXed.
- Recognizes dictionary words from its main or user-defined dictionary, as well as non-dictionary words, such as names, numbers and mixed alphanumeric combinations supporting 11 languages, including English (US, UK, US Medical), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Spanish, and Swedish.
- Provides automatic segmentation of handwritten text into words and automatically differentiates between vocabulary and non-vocabulary words, and between words and arbitrary alphanumeric strings.
- Does not require a user to train the software and allows for most users to achieve high accuracy right "out of the box".
- Reliably recognizes handwriting and provides spell checking and word completion features.
Licensing and Support
WritePadS DK is available for licensing by software developers and OEMs on Microsoft Windows XP through Windows 8/RT and Windows Phone 8 powered tablets and computers.
Developer License for WritePad SDK is offered for development purposes only. The license includes access to the latest SDK updates for period of 6 months. Licensee may install up to five copies of WritePad handwriting recognition engine for demo and development purposes only. This license does not include redistribution rights to WritePad handwriting recognition engine and/or dictionaries.
You can also evaluate the handwriting recognition technology offered with the SDK by purchasing the PhatPad for Windows application. Visit www.phatware.com/index.php?q=page/phatpad/windows.
Commercial License for WritePad SDK allows licensee to redistribute WritePad engine and dictionaries with their applications or devices. It is royalty-based. The pricing is available per request.
Support: You may purchase 3 hours to engineering support via email or phone with the WritePad SDK Developer License. Additional support time can be purchased Separately at the then-current support rate. If you purchased WritePad SDK Commercial License, please refer to your license agreement for technical support options.
For more information about WritePad SDK, pricing, licensing options, etc. please submit the Developer Information Request Form.