WritePad SDK 5.0 for Android
WritePad is a natural, style, writer and lexicon independent multiplatform handwriting recognition technology. WritePad SDK enables natural handwriting input in third party applications on practically any Android-powered device. It is currently available in 12 languages, including English (US, UK, US Medical), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Spanish, and Swedish.
WritePad SDK includes
- WritePad recognition engine in object code and dictionaries for all supported languages. The handwriting recognition engine is compatible with the user-specified platform. The SDK can support the practically any Android-powered smartphone, tablet, or other embedded device.
- C/C++ header files with definition of API calls and structures.
- Developer's Guide and API reference in Microsoft Word format.
- Sample source code in C (JNI) and Java that demonstrates how to use the WritePad API.
New features in the WritePad SDK
- Support Android 4.x through 5.x, including arm, arm-v7a, arm64-v8a, x86, x64, mips, and mips64 architectures.
- Support for new languages, bringing the total count of supported languages to 12, including English (US, UK, US Medical), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Spanish, and Swedish.
- Improved overall recognition quality in all supported languages.
- Handwritten gesture recognizer, supports several standard gestures, such as space, tab and return characters, cut, copy, paste, undo, etc.
- New shape recognition API, recognizes simple geometrical shapes, such as circle, rectangle, triangle, and straight line.
- Extended digital ink manipulation and serialization API, including ink pressure support.
- Updated sample code.
WritePad SDK Features
- Recognizes natural handwritten text in a variety of handwriting styles: cursive (script), PRINT and MIXed.
- Recognizes dictionary words from its main or user-defined dictionary, as well as non-dictionary words, such as names, numbers and mixed alphanumeric combinations.
- Provides automatic segmentation of handwritten text into words and automatically differentiates between vocabulary and non-vocabulary words, and between words and arbitrary alphanumeric strings.
- Does not require a user to train the software and allows for most users to achieve high accuracy right "out of the box".
- Reliably recognizes handwriting and provides spell checking and word completion features.
Licensing and Support
WritePadS DK is available for licensing by software developers and OEMs on practically all Android devices.
Developer License for WritePad SDK is offered for development purposes only. The license includes access to the latest SDK updates for period of 6 months. Licensee may install up to five copies of WritePad handwriting recognition engine for demo and development purposes only. This license does not include redistribution rights to WritePad handwriting recognition engine and/or dictionaries.
You can also evaluate the handwriting recognition technology offered with the SDK by purchasing the WritePad application which is current available on iPad and iPhone platforms. Visit www.phatware.com/writepadforandroid.
Commercial License for WritePad SDK allows licensee to redistribute WritePad engine and dictionaries. It is royalty-based. The pricing is available per request.
Support: You may purchase 3 hours to engineering support via email or phone with the WritePad SDK Developer License. Additional support time can be purchased Separately at the then-current support rate. If you purchased WritePad SDK Commercial License, please refer to your license agreement for technical support options.
For more information about WritePad SDK, pricing, licensing options, etc. please submit the Developer Information Request Form.