Copyright © 2006 PhatWare Corporation
All Rights Reserved.
The PhatSketch Userís Guide is copyrighted and all rights are reserved. Information in this document is subject to change without notice and does not represent a commitment on the part of PhatWare Corporation. The software described in this document is furnished under a license agreement. The document cannot in whole or in a part, be copied, photocopied, reproduced, translated, or reduced to any electronic medium or machine-readable form without prior consent, in writing, from PhatWare Corporation.
PHATWARE CORPORATION MAKES TO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR LIMITED, REGARDING THE DESCRIBED COMPUTER SOFTWARE PACKAGE, ITS MERCHANTABILITY, OR ITS FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES IS NOT PERMITTED BY SOME STATES. THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY PROVIDES YOU WITH SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. THERE MAY BE OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU MAY HAVE WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
Want a new place to doodle? How about on your smartphone? With the new PhatSketch software, you can do just that. Users are now able to draw connecting vertical and horizontal lines by using the up/down/left/right keys on the smartphone keypad or the full keyboard. PhatSketch allows you to move the position of the cursor and begin drawing lines from any location. By pressing the OK button, you can set markers at the current cursor location. Two markers can be connected to create either an arrow, line, or circle. Three or more markers can be connected to create straight lines or a curve.
Using the phoneís keypad, you also can:
- Delete the last stroke
- Delete the last marker
- Redo the last action
- Undo the last action
- Even animate the sketch, which will mimic the strokes you used to originally create the sketch
PhatSketch allows you to change a range of options to help you create colorful and engaging drawings, such as:
- 42-color Ink palette
- Ink width (1-9 points)
- 42-color background palette
- Insert an image in the background
- Change the speed of creating lines
- Enable the speed to increase as you hold down an arrow key
- Save Sketches as as JPEG, PNG or BMP files which can then be emailed to your friends
Microsoft Windows Mobile powered Smartphone 2002/2003/2003SE/2005
Microsoft Windows Mobile 3.0 or later.
Approximately 400KB of free storage space depending on the Smartphone.
Additional storage space is required for the Sketch Book file. The space depends on the complexity and quantity of sketches. We recommend you have at least 200K of storage space for the Sketch Book file.
1. If you have downloaded the PhatSketch.exe installation file on your desktop PC:
∑ Connect your Smartphone to the desktop PC.
∑ Run the installation file PhatSketch.exe on your desktop PC.
∑ Follow the on-screen instructions to complete PhatSketch installation.
2. If you have downloaded the PhatSketch.CAB file directly on your Smartphone:
∑ Start File Explorer on your Smartphone and browse to the folder containing the PhatSketch.CAB file.
∑ Select and execute the PhatSketch.CAB file.
∑ Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the PhatSketch installation.
Note: PhatSketch can be installed in the main memory or on the storage card. By default, the Sketch Book file (SketchBook.psb) file is stored in the same folder as the application, but you can change the location of the file using the Options dialog box (see below).
When you run PhatSketch on the Smartphone for the first time, the Register dialog box will appear. Enter the provided serial number into the Serial Number field and press the Register button. If you downloaded the PhatSketch trial version and donít have a serial number, leave this field blank and press the Cancel button.
1. Disconnect the Smartphone from the Desktop PC (if connected).
2. Choose the Home/Programs to view the Programs menu.
3. Browse to Settings.
4. Browse to Remove Programs.
5. When the Remove Programs window appears, locate the PhatWare PhatSketch entry in the select list box.
6. Select the Menu/Remove command to remove the PhatSketch application from your Smartphone.