In this tutorial, you will open a note that includes text created with the draw tool. Then you will add only one of the words to the text pane using the Recognizer feature.
1. Launch PhatPad on either the desktop or your mobile device.
2. Open a note that has text included.
3. Now you want to take one of the handwritten words ("fisch" - the word is intentionally misspelled) and convert it to plain text inside PhatPad's text note pane. Since we do not want to include the word "eyebrows", select this word using the select tool . To do this, first select the tool and drag it over the word.
4. Then choose the Treat As Drawing command from the Selection menu.
The word "eyebrows" will not be included during recognition.
5. Now select Recognize from the tools menu.
6. If you did not check the Do Not Show Options dialog box before recognition checkbox in the Options dialog, the Recognize Ink dialog box appears.
7. Select your options, then click OK. The word "fisch!" will appear in the text pane.
8. Since “fish” is spelled wrong, let’s run a spell-check. Go to the Tools menu and select Check Spelling.
9. The Check Word dialog appears.
10. Select the correct spelling, and choose the Replace button.
11. The corrected word now appears in the text pane.